EU: Basic Financials (online)
These instructor-led sessions will walk you through the basic operations in the general ledger and guide you through the process of creating and posting GL batches. You will learn the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and learn how to create AP bills, payments, prepayment, checks, AR invoices, and credit memos.
You will learn about the process of reconciling a cash account with a bank statement, which is a preparation step for period-end procedures. You will learn how to close, lock, unlock, and reopen financial periods and how to generate a financial calendar for a new financial year.
Training Syllabus: The program is covered over three days as follows:
- Day 1: General Ledger and Accounts Payable Processes. In this session, you will learn how to create, reverse, copy, paste, and edit a batch, review account summary, account details, and transactions posted to a specific account. You will also learn how to reclassify a GL transaction and export GL reports to Excel. You will review a vendor and learn how to create and find an AP bill, create partial payment and prepare a payment for multiple bills. You will correct and reprint a printed AP check and learn how to void an AP check.
- Day 2: Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Processes. In this session, you will review the AP balance for a vendor and balances of AP accounts, then you will perform account reconciliation and close a financial period in the AP subledger. You will also learn how to create a prepayment for a customer and an invoice and reverse an application. You will review customer documents, make an adjustment to an invoice and create a refund for a credit memo. At the end of the session, you will reconcile customer balance with GL accounts.
- Day 3: Bank Reconciliation and Period-End and Year-End Procedures. In this session, you will learn how to match the balances in the company’s accounting records for a cash account to the corresponding information on a bank statement. You will close a financial period in subledgers, lock it and open a new financial period. You will also learn how to reopen a financial period in GL and other subledgers.
Date and time: This training meets the following three times, and attendees are expected to attend all three sessions:
- Mon, Jul 29, 2019 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
- Tue, Jul 30, 2019 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
- Wed, Jul 31, 2019 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
Instructor: Jeffrey Spears, ERP Implementation Consultant at Acumatica
As an ERP Implementation Consultant, Jeff has a range of responsibilities and expertise. He helps partners and customers with their implementations of Acumatica ERP which includes project management, training, report writing, importing data, and analysis.
Before joining Acumatica, Jeff had 20 years of experience with ERPs in a variety of roles including: Functional Consultant, Technical Consultant, ERP Administrator, IT Manager, ERP Sales, and VAR Practice Owner.
Besides ERP experience, Jeff has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Marshall University. He worked for several years in accounting prior to transitioning to ERP implementations.
To make your learning effective, please be sure that you meet the following criteria:
- An understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) is required for this course. Also, you should be familiar with the main concepts of financial accounting, including the chart of accounts, general ledger, financial documents (such as invoices and bills), and financial reports.
- You should know how to manipulate data on an Acumatica ERP form—that is, how to fill in the data on a form, select values from a lookup box, and add records to a table. Watch the Introduction to the Acumatica User Interface video.
None. Attendees will be provided with a cloud instance and tenant for training purposes.
If you want to have your local instance, you need to perform some advance preparations on your laptop or desktop. Download the Basic_F_Course_Prep_Checklist.docx file to see the detailed instructions on each step below.
- Prepare the system before installing Acumatica ERP.
- Download and install Acumatica ERP 2019 R1 Update 3 (version 19.103.0030).
- Deploy a new instance of Acumatica ERP with U100 company data.
- Download the training guide and files for training.
Continuing Professional Education
- Program knowledge level: Basic
- Delivery method: Group Internet based program*
- NASBA field of study: Computer Software & Applications
- Maximum number of CPE credits that may be earned by the participant: 3
For more information regarding administrative policies—such as refunds, cancellations, and complaints—please contact Acumatica at 1-888-228-8300.
* We offer CPE credits for this course if you attend the course in format of online instructor-led RingCentral session. During the session, we measure your attentiveness by using polling questions at random times. We provide the certificate if you have completed three polling questions per session. To get the certificate with confirmed CPE credits, after the session is complete, please send a request to email@example.com.
National Registry Statement
Acumatica is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.